Thursday, April 21, 2011

Accidents happen


Accidents happen but more than that, they cascade to create a catastrophe.

When I feel sleepy I take a loo break. But the one I took just now was a drenching experience.

After lunch I sat meditating in front of my monitor for half an hour. I was swooning just like Sridevi did in Bollywood movie Nagina.

Finally I got bored and decided to take a trip to the loo. It generally takes my sleep away, even today it did but in a hyperbole.

Being the hyperactive type I generally don’t stand peacefully when in action. I keep on playing with the automatic flush faucet (no pun intended). Today I did one better; I loaded my whole bodyweight on the automatic flush faucet and lo and behold the whole thing just jumped out of the wall into my hand.

The water started gushing out at a tremendous speed. Just imagine, am stuck at a point where I can’t move till am done and the water drenching me like mad.

After what seemed like eternity I went running to the main control valve to close it. Thankfully it closed without any drama and then only the water fountain stopped. By that time the washroom was overflowing though.

Now what to do? I immediately went inside one of the loos and closed the door. My shirt was soaking wet so was my vest. I wiped myself with the tissue paper and tried to come out of the loo but if I thought my problems were over I was so wrong. The lever that connects to the door lock ripped and came into my hand.

I immediately tried to seek help in the form of Stanzin. But then I realized I left my phone at the desk only. So now I’m soaking wet and trapped in the loo. But it’s in times like this that a boy becomes a man, and am a seasoned campaigner at that, creating mess and coming out somehow. I used my engineering theatrics and somehow opened the bolt of the door.

Standing under the hand drier drying my shirt I was thinking what else! I came out and saw a whole group standing outside the washroom inspecting the printer kept just few steps away from the washroom door. It was throwing out black ink. And the half printed page, looking like a petty thief caught in the act, well that was my sheet.

Epilogue: I see the housekeeping staff going helter-skelter. Surely they are busy with the faucet. Till now they don’t know about the door though. There is a big board outside the washroom proclaiming “Wet Floor”. Wish I could put such a thing on my shirt too, “Wet Shirt”. The black ink is still there on the floor but I have removed the culprit sheet.

No comments: